Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Gavin Stevenson

Pitfours
« on: 05/03/2023 at 18:51 »
I joined Pitfours fishing club this year and fished for first time today, cracking water but it was cold! I only manged one today a cracking overwintered fish of around 8lbs that gave me the run around. cant wait for better weather.

Jim Eddie

Re: Pitfours
« Reply #1 on: 05/03/2023 at 20:02 »
Aye it's a Bonnie place Gavin, Hamish used to run it at one point .
 :z18
Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2023 at 20:42 »
Hamish used to run it at one point.
Aye, that was a few seasons ago now for sure :! Knocking the door of 30 years ago  *smiley-shocking* Well remembered Jim  :z16

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 07/03/2023 at 10:16 »
i fished it once or twice back on the day - a lovely 'estate lake'

The last time i was there they were talking about digging out a 'canal' like section and stocking it with course fish but i dont know if that ever happened ?

I think i caught a few rainbows in the lake and some perch ?

Dave Robb

« Reply #4 on: 07/03/2023 at 12:53 »
I joined Pitfours fishing club this year and fished for first time today, cracking water but it was cold! I only manged one today a cracking overwintered fish of around 8lbs that gave me the run around. cant wait for better weather.

Was there much of a wait to join?  Every time I’ve checked over the last 2 or 3 years it has said there are no vacancies although I appreciate it does say there’s a waiting list.

Gavin Stevenson

« Reply #5 on: 07/03/2023 at 19:25 »
I enquired last sept were no vacancies at time but suppose got lucky that someone left

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 08/03/2023 at 11:52 »
I would say it's worth a try checking if there are memberships available

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com