Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Anyone heading out on the river tomorrow?
« on: 11/02/2011 at 17:41 »
Was Just wondering if anyone heading out on the river tomorrow to chuck something at the silver tourist?

Was maybe going to try the Ythan not had a rod in my hand since the end of October and with so little fisheries open the ones that are will be mobbed.

Dave

Jim Eddie

Re: Anyone heading out on the river tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: 11/02/2011 at 18:20 »
Dave

The Ythan is not really known as a Spring river, more of a back ens one, Se-Trout finnock probaly best starting around June.
You may get a Kelt or two.

:z18

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #2 on: 11/02/2011 at 18:33 »
 :z18 Jim

I'm new to the river fishing game so all the advise I get the better.
As for tomorrow I was just thinking of having a walk along and throwing a spinner in now and again as I've not walked the beat before, It's the Haddo private beat I've got a ticket for (opposite bank from scivas beat) and I've been told it's a very good beat.

Dave

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #3 on: 11/02/2011 at 20:31 »
Yes the Ythan is really a late river but there will probably be kelts about. I am off to the Spey.

Matt Henderson

« Reply #4 on: 11/02/2011 at 20:49 »
A day out on the Dee for me. Fingers crossed the weather isn't as bad as forecast!

tie-fly

« Reply #5 on: 11/02/2011 at 21:03 »
Dave you on the right beat now, ha,, ha,,  I have the scivas so i can still have chat with you .I cant get out now but i will later on  :z16

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 11/02/2011 at 22:04 »
Dave you on the right beat now, ha,, ha,,  I have the scivas so i can still have chat with you .I cant get out now but i will later on  :z16

Aye got it sorted out now after making a twat of myself :oops.

Well done getting onto the Scivas beat :z16 sure we'll manage to shout across the water :z4

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 11/02/2011 at 22:59 »
If the rivers not in flood, you'll be able to shake hands, or maybe even have a cuddle :z4

Cheers
Mike

tie-fly

« Reply #8 on: 11/02/2011 at 23:22 »
Hi mike there is room for one more if you like a group hug  :z4

Matt Henderson

« Reply #9 on: 12/02/2011 at 18:10 »
Did anybody have any luck? I blanked but one of the other rods had two springers. Weather cleared up a lot as the day went on and the water was clearing and dropping too. My casting was mince though!

Dave Mundie

« Reply #10 on: 12/02/2011 at 18:27 »
Did anybody have any luck? I blanked but one of the other rods had two springers. Weather cleared up a lot as the day went on and the water was clearing and dropping too. My casting was mince though!

Well done for braving the weather, was chucking it down most the day in pitmedden, had to go to Ellon and seen the ythan was well up and a lovely chocolate color so decided not to go out after all.

Dave

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #11 on: 13/02/2011 at 19:06 »
Just a few kelts for me on the Spey.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com