Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Re: Looking forward to the new season
« Reply #25 on: 10/01/2011 at 17:29 »
I'm off to the Clyde.  Just heading to get a permit just now then to Crossford.

Let us know how you get on John

:z18

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #26 on: 10/01/2011 at 19:52 »
Early season will find me wandering the banks of a bit of running water searching for a rod bender or two moving to March Broons or LDO's and progressing throught May to early June onto the Blue Wings.
Or bobbing about in the tube on a near local Loch searching for some nice (often rod bender quality) troots feeding on a selection (mostly buzzers early on but olives as we progress through May)

Then it's the lure of higher waters through June (as well as a wee foray to Orkney in search of olive, buzzer, cow dung and shrimp feeding broons, or an odd throw with a big flashy flee in the brine for thier salt cousins)

July and thoughts turn to Mayflee waters and we are lucky to be blessed with one or two crackin ones as far spread as Assynt, Sutherland and Caithness.

August and it's time for the Sedge or Daddy feeders when some serious sport can be found in the most unlikely of conditions.  Troots in the prime of condition hard on the top, magic

September and it's back to the running water olive feeders for a late big troot bash, or a continuation of the August loch feeders.   Short lining in the big waves can produce some memorable sport, and as the month progresses the colours of the fish become fantastic.

Aye roll on another season, i canne wait.

Allan

John Reid

« Reply #27 on: 11/01/2011 at 17:53 »
Let us know how you get on John

Jim
It was good to get out.  Unfortunately, I never got any grayling but got a wee trout (really wee) and hooked plenty of rocks.  Think I need to tie bugs with less weight or find some gravelly bottoms.  :z17

Jim Eddie

« Reply #28 on: 12/01/2011 at 06:38 »
At least you goy out John  :z16

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #29 on: 15/01/2011 at 03:20 »
15 sleeps to go and hopefully this will be me in Oman !
Cant wait

Mike Barrio

« Reply #30 on: 29/01/2011 at 18:21 »
I guess your "15 sleeps" must just about be up Baz :z16

So, what are the plans, what are you gonna catch?

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com