Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andrew Boswell

Moy Game Fair
« on: 02/08/2024 at 15:34 »
Went to the Moy Fair this morning. Pretty quiet initially but had busied up by lunch.

Not the greatest turnout from the fishing world. Scott Mackenzie was down by the loch but his marquee was in danger of getting blown away. The Angling Club were trying to get some casting up and running, but the wind was making life difficult. Simon Barnes up on the top row near the entrance, and Island Flies opposite the food tent.

That was all I could find from a fishing point of view. No Twin Peakes. No Corsican Dave. No obvious fly tyers zone (unless they were in with the Angling Club, although they had their own tent last year).

The Sutherland Trust had a stall up at the top of the field flying the flag for Salmon and river conservation.

Worth the £20 entry as it’s only down the road from me and we got there early enough to be parked close to the entrance. But when I left just after lunch the parking field was only half full. Hopefully they have a good (and less windy) day tomorrow.

Alex Russell

Re: Moy Game Fair
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/2024 at 19:59 »
Got to agree with you, was there today quiet unfortunately the wind did not help for the fly casting. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better attendance as we need to keep these shows going 👍👍

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 04/08/2024 at 21:35 »
Sadly I didn't make it as I'm recovering from getting my hernia fixed. Also no fishing for me for quite a few weeks 😭

Andy Finlay

« Reply #3 on: 27/08/2024 at 23:25 »
Moy games is a blast from the past. I grew up in inverness and remember going 30+ years ago, do they still do the terrier racing, air gun shooting and game bird pluckng comps (pretty sure it was a pheasant, know I was useless) for the kids.

Used to be a great day out, need to make an effort next year along with some of the highland games like nethy bridge and show my kids what happens in the Highlands.

James Laraway

« Reply #4 on: 17/09/2024 at 12:26 »
i dont think that they do the plucking but they do everything else !

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com