Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Allen

After much deliberation, I've decided to sell my Steffen Graphite custom 9' #4 rod only, no tube. I have another 9' #4 that I use often and so haven't even fished this yet, so seems a waste to have it sat there when I could really do with a small brook rod with the funds!!

Premium components used for the build are as follows -
Custom Amboyna Burl Insert with FRC uplocking reel seat (professionally supplied and fitted by Fortitude Rod Company)
Mini Snub Nose Grip (cellophane wrapped still) as used now on the majority of Sage retail rods. Just a lovely comfortable grip and this one is premium grade with hardly any filler (supplied and fitted by Fortitude)
Struble agate stripper matched to the thread and wood insert
REC Recoil 'Black Pearl' single foot guide set with Seymo flip hook keeper used on some of the older Hardy’s
Black winding check and tip top guide
Prowrap 710 Bees Wax Thread
Gudebrod metallic copper thread for the trim wraps A9396

NOW £275 INCLUDING FREE SHIPPING!
For Sale £300 plus postage (the blank alone plus all the components cost nearly £400 so I consider this excellent value and a bargain price!)

Any questions please PM me. Thanks  :z16

Kerry Jordan

Re: NOW £275 ** Steffen Graphite 9’ #4 4pc fly rod USA
« Reply #1 on: 14/07/2024 at 19:19 »
That is a bargain! I’d buy it….except that I have one built by Sandy. It’s a lovely blank.

James Allen

Re: NOW £275 ** Steffen Graphite 9’ #4 4pc fly rod USA
« Reply #2 on: 01/08/2024 at 21:49 »
Rod is still For Sale

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com