Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

I wish I still had my .....
« on: 26/05/2024 at 22:59 »
I'm guessing that we have all had this thought at one time or another  :X1

Sold on, or simply worn out - which item of fishing tackle do you wish you still had?

Graham Nicol

Re: I wish I still had my .....
« Reply #1 on: 27/05/2024 at 08:05 »
Original Scott G2 7ft 7"#3. The best action rod I have ever used which suited my casting style beautifully. Sadly sold to try another rod which failed to live up to its reviews. I have done this quite a few times!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/05/2024 at 09:07 »
"sold to try another rod" - Yep, I think we've all made that mistake Graham  :X1

I've not owned a G2, but I've cast a few and really liked them.

Keith Potter

« Reply #3 on: 09/06/2024 at 13:41 »
My late dad’s fly rod.
No idea what make it was and sold at a car boot sale when I was needing to move house but the memories that rod holds was special.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 09/10/2024 at 03:15 »
My ''selling'' tactic likely differs from most...

I seem to have developed a knack for selling tackle to my father, safe in the knowledge that i'll get it back eventually. Knowing fine that he is likely to read this I trust that it inspires him to try to outlive me and if its any small way able to keep him around longer, then i'd happily let him buy all my gear  >) with the exception of the first Abel i bought for myself in my early teens - he's not getting that  *smiley-funny*

:z18

Steven.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 18/10/2024 at 17:23 »
Steven, with or without the tackle that you have offloaded in my direction I’m hoping to be able to fish for a wee while yet. I don’t really let too much tackle go but I do regret giving away a wee sharpes Scottie rod many years ago.

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 19:58 »
I'm guessing that we have all had this thought at one time or another  :X1

Sold on, or simply worn out - which item of fishing tackle do you wish you still had?
Many items have come and gone - such is the lot of a tackle tart -  but one I keep wishing I hadn't parted with was a Sshoot Backwinder reel. I bought it from Sandy, used it a few times then sold it on having been tempted by another toy. Was many seasons ago now, but I still think of that reel and wish I had kept it as the design was 'out there'.

H

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com