Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

The New "Fulling Mill"
« on: 27/02/2008 at 01:03 »
It's a strange world ......... or at least I often struggle to understand it :z4

Fulling Mill have just announced a new logo for 2008
See http://www.fullingmill.com/newsviews.htm

Why :z8

OK, you might feel it is none of my business ( and you are probably right ) but I am a Fulling Mill Retailer and I sell a good number of their flies .......... so I feel I have earned the right to be amused / confused :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Bakerboy

Re: The New "Fulling Mill"
« Reply #1 on: 27/02/2008 at 08:29 »
Mike - this sadly has kept someone awake with excitement.............it's called marketing  :z4 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 27/02/2008 at 08:31 »
Speaking as someone who has worked as a designer for 20 years and spent 4 years lecturing on the subject, I think the new logo is...well...I have not got any nice words to say about it!!

Looks like its been designed by a first year student who did not bother to attend any lectures!!..lol

The old logo was so mush nicer and classy..this one looks cheap and nasty and as if it is clip art!

They have also changed the website...me thinks the directors son has just left school and said "Dad, I need a job".."yes son..you can redesign our logo and website because you scraped a C pass in your exams!"...

You can feed that back to them Mike ;)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 27/02/2008 at 08:39 »
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old one :z4 and FM are well known in the fishing world :z7

2008 also brings a price rise on flies ........... to pay for the new logo and sponsoring of the Troutmaster Competition? :z8

And who on earth redesigned the new look website :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 27/02/2008 at 08:43 »
I've sent them an e-mail...heehee  :z8

Jay Scott

« Reply #5 on: 27/02/2008 at 13:38 »

I prefer the old one!  :grin

Jay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 27/02/2008 at 21:07 »
Rob,
your comments are spot on............... 'clipart!'

The original was infinitely more professional - it looks like the type of graphic a fledgling club or company might use when funds are limited.

I hear that 3 local nurseries are competing to design the new 'Troutmaster' badge logo.
It's true! I saw it on Richard and Judy.

Iain

spiros

« Reply #7 on: 28/02/2008 at 15:36 »
Logo might be grotesque but you are talking about it so it is doing its job. :z16

Paul...

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com