Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: Mainly Tarpon
« Reply #25 on: 26/05/2010 at 16:19 »
I would kill to get out there again!!

As for the golf sungi, just do it :) I think I fished it every day through the holiday! :)

The crocs were a wee bit of a hazard back in my days there. If your ball landed near one, you got a free drop ;) There was also a "gang" of monkeys up the far end of the course that would either steal your ball, or worse, wait until your back was turned and leg it with a club or two. There must be thousands of pounds worth of clubs in the Ulu!

Another place I fished frequently was off the bridge over the main Seria river. Mainly strips of fish for the Catfish. Had a few strange fish there that I could not identify. A local Japanese chap used to fly fish the mouth just down stream. Shooting heads and small flies, but never saw him catch.

Lastly, there is a sungi that runs through the back of the houses in Panaga. That was good for Climbing Perch :) Now they were interesting fish!!! The Tigers were there too but it was very overgrown so short "poles" were the order of the day.

Talking of the golf course..is the small hill called "Thompsons Tits" still on it? Under each "hillock" is rumered to be a Japanese tank.

Paul Rankine

Re: Mainly Tarpon
« Reply #26 on: 07/06/2010 at 20:51 »
Hi ,

" Mainly Tarpon "  ????  :z4

Paul.  :roll

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com