Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Poll

Which Fly Fishing Magazines do you subscribe to?

Fly Fishing & Fly Tying (hard copy)
21.1%
4 (21.1%)
Fly Fishing & Fly Tying (digital)
10.5%
2 (10.5%)
Trout & Salmon (hard copy)
21.1%
4 (21.1%)
Trout & Salmon (digital)

0 (0%)
Fly Culture
26.3%
5 (26.3%)
Readily App
5.3%
1 (5.3%)
Other
5.3%
1 (5.3%)
None
10.5%
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Mike Barrio

Can't remember the last time we had a poll - so here is a nice easy one that everybody can take part in.

James Laraway

Re: Which Fly Fishing Magazines do you subscribe to?
« Reply #1 on: 27/08/2024 at 16:50 »
I gave up years ago buying fishing p*rn

I will by books but that's about it.

If you are a fly tyer buying the mags is dangerous. You always see a 'new' fly then need to buy a material tha you don't have to make it !

If you dont buy the mag you also don't know what you 'absolutely need'  - same goes for tackle  *smiley-lol*

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #2 on: 27/08/2024 at 17:34 »
At the moment I don’t subscribe to any used to do Trout and Salmon , I have considered the Fly Culture so may need to get a copy for a review , I heard it was quite good

Graham Nicol

« Reply #3 on: 28/08/2024 at 07:24 »
Fly Culture and Classic Angling which is edited by Keith Elliott

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 28/08/2024 at 14:21 »
Fly Fishing and Fly Tying but then again i'm biased  *smiley-funny*

Fred Hay

« Reply #5 on: 29/08/2024 at 06:12 »
Trout and Salmon - keep threatening to stop buying it (but my missus usually buys it when she's out shopping).
To me it's no longer value for money and only about 40% articles (and not very informative) the rest is pictures covering a couple of pages and adverts. 
Have occasionally read the Flyfishing and Fly Tying which appears to be a more  practical and informative magazine.

Keith Potter

« Reply #6 on: 29/08/2024 at 09:32 »
Currently only really read fly culture and it’s a great magazine but sometimes struggle with some of the articles.

For all I love fly fishing my main love is fishing in Scotland so end up skipping most of the articles which are based on salt water fishing  and such like.  I know there will never be a magazine which is solely based on my passion so enjoy fly culture as it more than just a quick story about chasing the biggest/ best fish.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com