Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Kidd

Shimano Biocraft XT 5/6
« on: 31/03/2023 at 19:02 »
Hello,

I am definitely on the mission of thinning the hareem.......I have this one for sale, a proper reel...bullet proof and getting hard to find.  Note there is some boat rash on one edge of the reel shown in the pictures.

I also have a spare spool however it is gunmetal and the reel and primary spool is champagne.

A fair price may be £100.00 for the reel and £50.00 for the spool, would prefer to sell together but separate would be fine.  The line is also included which is a pristine Snowbee XS WF5F.

Steven

Andy Finlay

Re: Shimano Biocraft XT 5/6
« Reply #1 on: 01/04/2023 at 20:17 »
Steven,

What's the condition of the spare spool as I'm needing one as lost the centre part of mine

Cheers
Andrew

Steven Kidd

« Reply #2 on: 02/04/2023 at 21:49 »
Hi Andy,

Spare spool is brand new and never been used, it is in the box. :-)

Cheers,

Steven

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 15/04/2023 at 07:05 »
What's the condition of the spare spool as I'm needing one as lost the centre part of mine

Andy- I lost a tiny, fiddly wee bugger of a spring from the centre of a Shimano spool when doing some reel maintenance.  It had, as springs do, sprung free and landed on the floor a few times, and been safely retrieved after much crawling around cursing. Eventually, inevitably, predictably, the spring defeated my sausage fingers, sprung loose, and quietly disappeared somewhere on the floor… sigh.

Anyway, if you did not know about the, Felindre do shimano servicing and fitting of tiny, fiddly wee spring buggers.
https://felindreinnovations.co.uk/reel-servicing/

Steven, hope that doesn’t scupper your spool sale… sorry!

Someone should buy this Shimano reel…I have 4 or 5 Biocraft fly reels in 3/4wt, 5/6 wt,and a couple of spare spools. They are lovely things

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 15/04/2023 at 07:15 »
@steven
A fishing buddy of mine would like the reel, if still on sale. I’ll PM you.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com