Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kev Danby

Re: Float Tube Gathering ( Saturday May 31st )
« Reply #25 on: 01/06/2008 at 21:30 »
Yes a grand day, finicky fish and Ben going round in circles, we've all been there, but always amusing to spectate. Watching Ben, Magnus and Hamish put out a line is somewhat humbling and something to aspire to.

After checking the bladder in my tube, the seam has gone big time an inch or so split and one unsucceful repair attempt so it looks like a new bladder or tube for me.

One thing that always amazes me is watching herons gracefully perch in a tree they dont seem to be built for that. The woodpecker was a busy little fella. A most enjoyable day.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 02/06/2008 at 06:40 »
Kev

Diver Daves (Aberdeen Field Sports) do bladder repair , if its beyond repair , Steve Parton does bladder for most tubes.

:z18

Jim

Dave Olley

« Reply #27 on: 02/06/2008 at 11:38 »
Mike
May I add my thanks and those of my mate Chris who tried float tubing for the first time. If he didn't live 250 miles away he would be a regular in the tube at Haddo without question. He really enjoyed it.
The fish weren't easy, but they were big, at least for me :z4 :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 03/06/2008 at 00:01 »

The Fish Whisperer

float tubing
« Reply #29 on: 03/06/2008 at 21:57 »
hi guys got me an almost like new Orvis tube very reasonably priced also got the waders in hand , just have to find someone with a cheap set of fins  an im good to go

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com