Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sieger Devries

Bue trout ???
« on: 06/10/2011 at 21:35 »
Hi,

I friend of mine has fished Haddo last week and he caught a pretty 'weird' fish (imo)... It looks like a blue rainbow... but never heard or seen this...
Any off you have an idea what this could be ???

Hamish Young

Re: Bue trout ???
« Reply #1 on: 06/10/2011 at 22:38 »
I can't see any photos..... can anyone else :?

:z3

Peter McCallum

« Reply #2 on: 06/10/2011 at 22:40 »
Nope can't see a photo but from the description they are Blue Trout, a manufactured rainbow varient if I'm not mistaken

Sieger Devries

« Reply #3 on: 06/10/2011 at 22:58 »
I can't see any photos..... can anyone else :?

:z3

Mmm strange I can...  ???

Are these Blue ones in Haddo ?

Sieger Devries

« Reply #4 on: 06/10/2011 at 23:04 »
Added the pics from an other site... can you see them now?

mike

« Reply #5 on: 06/10/2011 at 23:06 »
Certainly looks like a blue trout to me pal . I can see the pics and i believe Raemoir has them too ...

Sieger Devries

« Reply #6 on: 06/10/2011 at 23:12 »
OK thanks Mike, so this variant is in your water... Never saw or heard of them... Will spread the word on our dutch forum... Thanks!!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 07/10/2011 at 00:33 »
Hi Sieger :z16

That was a lucky catch, blue trout are very rarely caught at Haddo now ....... there aren't many rainbow trout netted at the fishery nowadays, maybe half a dozen a week at the most. Off the top of my head I think there were two rainbows caught last week.

Blue trout are frequently available from fish farms throughout the UK and can be found in many stocked fisheries. They are not a separate species, just a strain of rainbow trout.

I'm very pleased with progress in managing the brown trout levels in the lake this year and I'm really looking forward to next year ...... so the rainbow and blue trout catches will become even more rare :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Ben Dixon

« Reply #8 on: 07/10/2011 at 00:42 »
Be good to see some more of those blues go in Mike, small ones like went in before.  Great fun to catch and they'll fatten up the brownies nicely.

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 07/10/2011 at 00:55 »
They'll fatten up the brownies nicely.

:z4  :z4  :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #10 on: 07/10/2011 at 07:55 »
Be good to see some more of those blues go in Mike, small ones like went in before.  Great fun to catch and they'll fatten up the brownies nicely.

Ben

Probably the Osprey too!
I'd like a couple of Blues back in Mike. I recall that they are akin to being attached to a train  :z16  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z1

Sieger Devries

« Reply #11 on: 07/10/2011 at 09:21 »
Thanks guys I will copy your reply on the Dutch forum Mike... Think it will explain things....

Andy Finlay

« Reply #12 on: 07/10/2011 at 20:44 »
A couple of guys from work call them Hun trout, no prizes for guessing where there from  :grin. I've had a couple at Haddo in the past and they do go like a train.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com